Gooey Sweet Potato Brownies
Makes 8 brownies | Calories: 143kcal | Protein: 6.6g | Carbs: 27g | Fat: 3.8g
2 cups grated sweet potato (roughly 1 medium sized sweet potato)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Green & Blacks is my fave)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder (I like this one)
1 scoop Awesome Supplements Vegan Protein Powder in Chocolate Salted Caramel (optional - if not using protein powder, sub for 2 tablespoons coconut flour)
1. Preheat the oven to 185 degrees C
2. Mix the grated sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and olive oil in a large bowl and then add the baking powder.
3. Add the cocoa and cacao powder and then the protein powder (or coconut flour).
4. Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with oiled greaseproof paper. A deep tin is best (around 1inch high). Make sure the mixture isn't spread too thinly or it will over cook. You want the brownies to be about 2cm in thickness.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes and leave to stand for 15 minutes when you take it out of the oven before you remove from the tin.
Using products by:
10 FREE RECIPES: FREE DOWNLOAD
Get 10 more recipes for FREE! Become a badass in the kitchen today!