You're probably thinking 'why is this recipe called Calm Your Pants Chicken'? So let's get that out of the way first...
I created this as an 'anti-inflammatory' recipe, containing as many 'calming' ingredients as possible in one marinade. Turmeric, ginger & chilli all feature - all of which are natural anti-inflammatory foods - great for your insides, especially your gut. Not only that but it tastes absolutely gorgeous & is low-FODMAP too (so safe for those with IBS that reacts to FODMAP foods)
Ingredients (makes 4 portions)
600g Chicken Breast (the best you can afford, preferably free range)
2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
1 thumb sized chunk of fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2 fresh red chillis (or more / less depending how spicy you want it)
Juice of a whole lemon
Small handful of fresh coriander
Salt & a load of freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius & prepare a baking tray
2. Place all of the ingredients, except for the chicken, in a food processor with the blades attachment and blitz all the ingredients together to form a paste. Add a bit more oil if it's too thick.
3. Place the marinade (which should resemble a paste) into bowl.
4. Butterfly the chicken breasts so they are around 1-1.5cm thick escalopes. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl with the marinade and cover them. Leave to marinade for a few hours if you have time. If you don't have time for that, no worries.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat on the hob, and then sear the chicken breasts for around 1 minute on each side or until slightly grilled looking.
6. Transfer the chicken breast to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes (or until cooked through).
7. Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly and there is no pink left.
8. Serve with some nice sweet potato chips & veggies, or in a wrap with some salad. Delicious!
10 FREE RECIPES: FREE DOWNLOAD
Get 10 more recipes for FREE! Become a badass in the kitchen today!